Saturday, April 02, 2005

April showers bring May....returns?

The gauntlet of March has finally passed over. March is always the month of crappy, unpredictable weather and time seems to drag on like nothing else (especially when you're getting married in less than two months). But April is finally here, the grass is getting green and the showers are starting to fall. That is bridal showers, of course. I have officially dubbed the month of April as shower month because there are three showers within four weeks, beginning tomorrow. Now, as a guy, I am not really all that interested in attending a get-together with other women from church, family, etc. so I can sit and listen to people talk about babies and play "shower" games. Now I am not at all opposed to showers based on the sole fact that we will be receiving many gifts of which I'm sure many will have to be returned or exchanged. Call me greedy, but the prospect of getting lots of stuff that is necessary for comfortable living is quite a promising idea. Fortunately, the only shower I have to attend is the one at my church this weekend, and even at that one I only have to come for the end to "receive advice from the ladies of my church about marriage." That's a whole nother ballgame. Part of me will be amused by the things we are told I'm sure, and the other part of me worries that some of the things people say may make the entire situation instantly awkward. Oh well, I will keep you informed on the progress of these showers. So, let's bring on the rain!

No comments: