Wednesday, July 27, 2005

D@*n Yankees!

Baseball season is now in full swing and the divisions are shaping up in a way that they will probably remain the rest of the season barring any miraculous winning or losing streaks. At the beginning of the season I was quite pleased with the way the New York Yankees were playing (or not playing). They were sitting nicely in 4th place with a losing record and I could not have been happier. For some reason, I have an ingrown hatred of the New York Yankees that I think came with me from the date of my birth. I was feeling pretty good about the Yankees so-called predicament until just recently when they somehow climbed into 2nd place in the American League East. Much to my chagrin, the imbeciles known as the New York Yankees were back in the playoff hunt. Just recently however, I was reflecting on this situation and realizing that I enjoy seeing the Yankees make it to the playoffs especially in recent years because I enjoy watching the torture on their faces as they choke yet again in the playoffs. It gives me great joy to watch them think they're going to win it all and then lose horribly as was the case last year. There's something about that situation that just gets my baseball blood flowing. I have nothing personal against the players themselves except that they chose to play for the New York Yankees and should therefore suffer the consequences. By choosing to play for the devil they put themselves beyond any reach of my respect. I often wished I could be a high-priced baseball player purely so I could be offered a contract from George (Satan) Steinbrenner and shove it back in his face and tell him to eat it. Unfortunately, that will never happen so I just end up venting my frustrations to my wife, who could care less unless it involved the Cubs, and on this blog. And now that I've finished writing this, I think I need counseling.

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Jas, i feel the same way about the Cardinals...I WANT them to lose. Of course they never seem to. Unlike you however, i actually feel bad when they do get beat. I wanted nothing more than for them to get beat in last year's playoffs...and when they got swept, i felt bad. It would have been nice if they one at least 1 game. There is a big difference btwn the Cards and the Yankees (ethical ones). Anyways, everyone knows that the cardinals only do so well b/c of the inter-league play...

Tyler said...

*won

Super Dave said...

ahh Jason i agree wholeheartedly, i abhorr the yankess, my desire is that they would never win a game all season. May the Yankees be cursed as long as Boston was...