Wednesday, August 17, 2005

New Hamsters and Massholes

Melissa and I just returned from our week long trip out to New Hampshire for Jeff's wedding. We had a great time seeing friends and some of the sites in Boston and the Manchester area. While we were out there visiting we picked up a new term. Masshole. This term is used by many of the local residents of New Hampshire to refer to residents of Massachussetts. We also heard the entire state of Massachussetts referred to as Massholia. Now, we have nothing against residents of Massachussetts, but we found this term quite funny and used it jokingly on our drive home across the entire state. However, we were thinking that it wasn't fair that New Hampshire didn't have a fun nickname so we started calling it New Hamster. Then, part way through our trek across Massholia, I randomly said "we are surrounded by Massholes and New Hamsters." As soon as I said it, I had an Adam Hughes epiphany and said "that would be great for a blog title." So here I am really just filling space in a blog so I could use the title "New Hamsters and Massholes." But, I have to admit it is a darn good title, and I bet it would even be a really good title for a collection of short stories based on experiences in New Hampshire and Massachussetts. Maybe I should write that. I bet I could gather some short stories from other various friends who have had some random crazy experience in one of those states. Ah, the creative sparks of a bored Midwesterner. This one was for you all you Massholes and New Hamsters.

3 comments:

Adam said...

And don't forget when leaving Maine, if you lived there you would already be home.

Brad and Lindy said...

What the...

Lucas said...

Welcome to Maine! Apparently there is blog comment spam now. I can't wait.

Good title J. One of your tales has to be about tooling around in Jeff's Barbie SUV.