Friday, November 18, 2005

Shoes

I love shoes. Call me a girl if you want, but there's just something about getting new shoes. I got a new pair of shoes in the mail today and the best part about it was that they were free. Free shoes are by far one of the best benefits to working in a shoe store, along with the hefty discount. Unfortunately, that hefty discount sometimes is the bane of my existence because it tempts me into buying another pair of shoes that I do not need whatsoever. I don't know what it is that draws me to a finely crafted pair of shoes, I just seem to have been born with a natural attraction to putting lots of different colored leathers on my feet. They just look so good (if you get the right ones of course; talk to me if you need any shoe buying advice). I have shoes in my side of the closet plus in a shoe organizer in a different closet which I think adds up to a significantly larger amount of shoes than my wife. This, of course, is quite the fuel for teasing as you can probably guess. In addition to loving shoes for myself, I love to look at other people's feet and see what they are wearing when we are out in public. Usually, especially if we are downtown Chicago, I see at least one pair of shoes that I would like to have. It really is a good thing I have a wife who is practical enough to keep me in line. Otherwise, I think I would have enough shoes to wear something different every day.

7 comments:

Mikey said...

I like shoes a lot as well (probably not to the same extent)...but i am also a sucker for new jackets--however as much as i like to look at new shoes...i have realized that i hate shopping...i have become an even bigger tight wad than i was.

Jason said...

I'm starting to feel in the same boat. I love jackets too, but it's funny how when you don't have the money to spend, it's a lot harder to enjoy shopping.

Tyler said...

Jason, we must be related b/c i am a shoes and jacket man myself. Journeys is a bad place for me to go...i actually got suckered into buying two pairs of shoes once b/c i couldn't decide which i liked better. But jackets are my true love...haven't bought any yet this year, but i hear Target has some decent stuff.
-aipcdqyd

Lucas said...

Tyler - I was there I saw it happen.

Right now I'm still convincing myself that I need to wear out the shoes I have currently. It's like when you pledge to eat everything in your cabnets before you buy more groceries.

Tyler said...

wait, you SAW it happen? Dang that means i've done it twice...i have a problem.

Lucas said...

I GOT NEW CHUCKS!

Unknown said...

I love caterpillar shoes ....coz its really cute....already i have three pair...I would like to buy another pair....