Friday, March 02, 2007

It has only begun...

I will be the first to admit that I have suffered from a serious case of blog neglect. It seems like the first of February was only last week, and now it's already March! Working 25 hours a week and going to class twice a week just makes the days fly by. But enough of making excuses. For those of you who have been following my blog over the past few months, you will know that I recently finished applying to grad schools. Well, the first verdicts have come in and unfortunately they have not been positive. All the festivities kicked off with a generic rejection email from the University of Illinois. I did receive an official letter about a week later, but it was definitely not a positive way to kick off the season of school responses. Duke was the next in line to send me the holy heave, and fortunately, it has stopped there so far. Admittedly, it has already been an emotionally trying time for me, which has driven me to questioning not only my ability, but my motivation as well. However, I think I see God working in reforming my motivations toward a life that's more focused on impacting other people. I still have seven schools to hear from, so I suppose the odds are pretty good that I will be accepted at one.

Sorry for no witty or humorous post this time around, but I pretty much only have one thing on my mind, and when it's not thinking about this one thing, it's fried.

2 comments:

Mikey said...

other than my wife, you are the smartest person i know...how could that happen?

Anonymous said...

We'll try this again--boy this waiting is hard. We are anxious to find out where you are going and I know it is so much greater for the two of you. I told Melissa that I think it may be easier for you that UofI was a no. It would have been tough if they were a yes and there was a better yes and you had to turn them down--lots more disappointment that way. Now that decision is off the page and we'll wait to see what better plan God has in store. Can't wait to see you in a week. Do you think you can handle 4 warm sunny days with no mail?!?