Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter Week

Around here the local paper is unofficially calling this week "Harry Potter Week." Each day in the paper they have some different little section having to do with Harry Potter. At the Tiearney house, however, Harry Potter week is definitely official and it's definitely in fully swing. The week began with a viewing of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and it will end on Saturday with the delivery of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in my very own mailbox. Or else Amazon owes me some money. If I told you how excited I was for this book release, I guarantee you would brand me an even bigger dork than you already have from reading the title and first lines of this post. This is the first time I've been able to participate in Harry Potter buzz because I hadn't read any of the previous books before the 6th one was released. And let me tell you, there is quite the buzz. The bookshop that I recently started working at is having a full-fledged Harry Potter party with games, trivia, costume contests, and more, and I will most likely be involved somewhat in that event. It's pretty cool viewing the release from a bookseller's point of view because of the excitement that it generates (which means $$$$$) ranging all the way to hysteria.

For all of you Harry fans out there, you know what I'm talking about when I say excitement. This book is it. It's what we've been waiting for for so long. So many questions that won't be answered until Saturday. Only four more days, and it's finally here. Enjoy this week and celebrate all things Harry Potter.

2 comments:

TWH said...

I'm looking forward to reading the new installment but I try to keep my enthusiasm low because I'm cheap. I will wait until the movie is out on DVD and the book is at Walmart.

I'm interested in hearing stories from you about crazy people who come and buy the book.

Anonymous said...

Melissa told me about your working the party and handing out the books--I told her that is not work for you, sounds more like a dream come true.