Monday, September 03, 2007

New Semester

It's that time of year again when school gets in full swing and everything about life cranks up a notch. It's been forever since I've had a chance to sit down and blog because the past month has been so incredibly busy. We took a week-long trip to the Midwest to visit family and our brand new niece, Olivia. She was absolutely beautiful, and we couldn't get enough of holding her. We got to see a lot of family and friends, but ended up spending much of the trip in the car or traveling in some manner. The trip culminated in a furiously frustrating trip to the airport that resulted in missing our flight and sitting in the airport for 4 hours until the later flight. Fortunately, we got home, but much later than we ever hoped or intended. Many thanks to I-55 and the wonders of closing down entire stretches of the freeway.

It's been non-stop since we got back, and I have a feeling it will be non-stop until December. Both of us are applying for grad school this semester in addition to working and taking classes. This weekend has been a nice little break, but I'm sure it will only get harder until the end of the semester. I will try to blog as much as possible, but we'll see. No promises. The last few hours of my Labor day weekend are quickly slipping away, and I need to take advantage of all the relaxing I can.

1 comment:

Adam said...

full swing... you aint-a kindin

I-55 has problems NO WAI

I wish I could go to grad school, my work schedule simply makes it impossible to do schooling.