Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Podcast Extravaganza

Although I abandoned my series of podcast blogs several months ago, I can't go without mentioning my two favorite podcasts of all. Appropriately, they fit under the umbrella of nerd-dom.

1. The Indy-Cast: Last year, when the new Indiana Jones movie came out I discovered this podcast while clicking around on iTunes. I listened to all the back episodes and quickly caught up and have been listening weekly ever since. The host, Ed Dolista, has an obvious passion for Indiana Jones, which makes the podcast especially fun to listen to. Even when Indiana Jones news is a bit slim, Ed still finds ways to make the podcast entertaining and informative. I especially enjoy the interviews in Club Obi-Wan and the collecting news.

2. The Force-Cast: I heard about the Force-Cast through the Indy-Cast and decided to check it out. I was immediately hooked, and have been listening for about a year now. During this time, one of the hosts has changed, but the current hosts, Jason and Jimmy Mac do a fantastic job. Their sense of humor makes the show feel shorter than it is and provides me with laugh out loud moments on the bus ride into campus (particularly during the Billy Dee quote of the week segment). In addition, if a weekly podcast isn't enough for you, Jimmy Mac and Jason produce micro-casts fairly frequently which include interviews and music specials. There is always something to listen to on the Force-Cast. Unfortunately, I am not able to participate in the online chat or listen live because of my busy grad school schedule, but that does not make the regular shows any less enjoyable. I admit that the Force-Cast has revived my Star Wars fandom to a point that it's never been before (perhaps to the chagrin of my wife!).

So, if you are a fan of either Star Wars or Indiana Jones, I can't recommend these podcasts enough. Check out www.theforce.net/podcast for links and info about either podcast or subscribe through iTunes. You won't be disappointed!

No comments: