Monday, February 14, 2005

I hate Illinois

Illinois sucks. Recently I filed my tax returns and got a good portion of my federal taxes back and all of my Wisconsin taxes back. And then there was Illinois. First off, I had to fill out a completely separate form because I'm not a resident. Then, they witheld 50 some dollars from my earnings which I figured I would receive back. I was mistaken, because when I filled out the tax form I had to pay all but one cent of what was taken out of my checks. One cent! How ridiculous is that? Is it some sort of ploy to make you think you're getting a refund even when you really aren't? Well, I hope the American Tooth-brushing Association or whatever enjoys the one cent donation that I will give to them. Maybe they can use it to buy one bristle. Illinois sucks.

2 comments:

Brad and Lindy said...

yeah, i had to pay over $150 last year. ticked.

Adam said...

weird I have never had to pay anything