Monday, October 24, 2005

The table tennis scene

I recently started my last quarter of classes at Wheaton College, and I have a new class although you probably couldn't really even call it a "class." This class is table tennis (not ping pong because there are copyright issues with that name apparently). It's my last class of the day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday so it makes for a nice relaxing end to a day of real classes. What really makes the class interesting, however, is the teacher. Let me give you a brief background. You know that person who always thinks they're own jokes are hilarious and then stares everyone down expecting them all to laugh as well. That's my teacher in a nutshell. The first day of class was the most awkward experience ever because she would just start laughing at something completely random and then just take a trip around the class with her eyes, picking out certain people to stare at longer and all the while still laughing. Crazy. In addition to this, she is the most intense athlete I think I have ever met. She hates to lose and often likes to pick out the athletic boys in the crowd and make fools of them in public. Oh, and did I mention she dressed up as a uterus for halloween one year because she loves anatomy! Anyway, as you can probably tell, it's going to be an interesting quarter of table tennis playing, and who knows, maybe I'll actually learn something. At least I don't have to write any papers, and I get to listen to good (according to the teacher) table tennis music which consists of rap and dance techno. Who knew?

2 comments:

Adam said...

wow...

Anyways I used to think that Wheaton was a great school. Now table tennis? I mean Golf I can understand but table tennis?

Lucas said...

I almost fell out of my chair laughing about the uterus costume. I'm definetly doing that this year.