Thursday, October 19, 2006

A search for a constant

I have decided that my blog needs, and possibly deserves, some sort of purpose. I have been blogging aimlessly and sporadically for the last year and a half, but I felt that now was an appropriate time to give my blog a makeover. I realized how much my life is full of changes, daily changes sometimes. Especially as I pursue my education, I have no idea where I will end up in a year, let alone five years. I also realized as I was writing my personal statement for my grad school applications how much I love to write. Over the years I have grown more and more fond of writing, and I often feel like I can express myself better through the art of writing. So, I figured the only natural conclusion was to take this blogging thing a little more serious and make it my constant. Let me explain what I mean about making blogging my constant. Most likely you will still read some completely random posts, but the focus of the constant is not to provide a set theme or purpose for the blog, the focus is to provide one thing in my life that I can go to every week and just write whatever. Often I feel overwhelmed by the massive life changes that I am currently experiencing, and this blog is one way I can still feel connected to my family and friends in addition to staying grounded myself. So, if you don't see a post from me at least once a week, leave angry comments. I won't get offended, just inspired. So there you have it--a new blog with a new purpose (and a cool new title!)

1 comment:

TWH said...

if you write it I'll read it.