Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Yankees yanked everyone's chain again.

That's right...for the who knows how many times since 2000, the Yankees have swaggered big stuff all season only to be eliminated before even reaching the World Series. I have to admit Georgey and his multi-million dollar company have once again made my fall baseball viewing that much more pleasurable. If the Yankees didn't make it to the playoffs every year only to be eliminated, I would have no one to root so passionately against. So, I guess for that a thanks is in order for the steamrollers of baseball (and by that I mean they steamroll every other team with their enormous payroll truck). So I hope the Yankees continue to make the playoffs because it makes for a very exciting postseason when 200 million dollars worth of players lose to a small-market team in the first round. That's really all I have to say about that...I have a feeling I'm probably preaching to the choir anyway, and I haven't blogged in a while as well.

By the way, for the two people who actually might read my blog occasionally, Melissa and I found an awesome church in Durham that we go to, and we've just started getting involved in a young married couples small group. It's a bit of a drive, but it was a sacrifice we were willing to make.

7 comments:

TWH said...

Cub fans have moved on to watch the other Chicago team that wins once a week. How bout dem Bears!!

Glad to hear about the awesome church.

I think blogging is down, commenting is down, creativity is down, or maybe it's the calm before the storm.

Jonathan H said...

If the Cubs aren't in the playoffs, which is the norm, the thing I care about the most is seeing the Yankees get defeated. It was great to see the Tigers, of all teams, beat them so soundly in game 4. Steinbrenner's own greed has come back to bite with guys like "Giambi" on his team.

Glad to hear you found a church. Btw, my blog is http://www.alittleintrospectionformeandyou.blogspot.com/

Tyler said...

I haven't watched but maybe 4 baseball games in the past 3 years and they were all games that I saw in person. I have little patience for TV games. I personally enjoyed hearing about the Cardinals choke especially when I lived in STL. Now I don't hear much about them...which is good.

TWH said...

MKH using TWH's account.

WHAT! They are still playing baseball? I thought it was football in the Fall. We went to the Colts game last Sunday. It was great and really exciting. (thought they might lose) So, go Bears! Go Colts (If you care)

Glad to hear that your church hunt was successful. It would be difficult to imagine having to find a church to attend, since it seems built into our job and ministry. For some reason they want Tim and I to attend the same church that writes the paycheck.
mkhughes

Jason said...

Down here in North Carolina, football and baseball really aren't big at all, so I have to take what I can get. Now that the Packers have simply lost any resemblance of a team, it is pretty cool to see the Bears doing so well...

Mikey said...

go cardinals

Adam said...

thats cool you found a church man. I haven't gone church looking really... ever but I have worked in some churches I would never go to, haha. Go CUBBIES