Saturday, November 11, 2006

November Madness

Well, my friends, it's here. That's right. Basketball season is underway in the state of North Carolina. Neither Duke nor Carolina has played a game yet, but they might as well have already won the championship with the way people get excited around here. Football season isn't even close to being done, but that doesn't matter. Part of the problem, if you know anything about college football, is that neither Duke nor Carolina puts together a football team resembling any sort of cohesive team unit. Between the two teams there may be a combined total of 2 wins. Thus, any excuse to ignore the football team and look ahead to glorious basketball season is warmly welcomed. I have never been much of a follower of college basketball before, but there is something about the atmosphere here that just requires you to be interested. Although I will probably never be able to go to a game, it still is exciting to be on the verge of a season that looks so promising for the Carolina team. So I guess this is the year that I give basketball a chance. I guess there's really no better state in the union to undertake such an endeavor. Bring on the hoops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't there is ever season when N.C isn't on the verge of having a promising season. Makes for a lot of excited fans every year I'm sure. Have fun.